How to build your first session
Building your first photo session is as easy as pie. The video covers the basic steps to setting up and sharing your first mini session.
Step 1. Click on “Create New Session”
Give your first session a title, be as descriptive as possible, this is your photo session title your clients will see during their online booking and in their automated email communications.
Step 2. Click on “Add Session Details”
- Session Description: Describe your session to your clients.
- Client Deliverables: Detail the deliverables from this photo shoot such as the number of images, online galleries, digital downloads etc.
- Shoot Location: This is the location of your shoot. You can be as descriptive as you like since this is not a traditional address field.
Contract and Payment:
- Choose one of your photography contracts to add to this session. If you have not created any contracts yet, you will be able to save your progress and link over to the contract section of the app.
- Choose the total fee for your session, choose how you would like to collect this fee (partial or full) during booking. Next, set your retainer amount and choose if you would like to collect taxes. Note: If you have not set up your payment options yet, you will have the option to save your progress and link over to the account page.
- Brand your session by uploading an image. Images can be anything you like; a photo of a previous session, a promotion, or your logo hero image. Every photo session you create can have its own branding, how cool is that?!
That’s it for the session details, click save.
Step 3: Click on “Add Date and Time”
Now that you are done describing the session, let’s move on to date and time. This is where you set the date of your photo shoot and the number of available spots. Choose one spot if you are shooting a single client (e.g. portrait shoot), or choose more than one if you are booking a mini session or workshop.
Just choose your date, the number of available spots, your start time and the duration of each session, and Session’s intelligent schedule builder auto-populates the appropriate times including any gaps you might have between each session. Because let’s be honest—math is hard.
You also have the ability to set one time for all attendees, which is great for workshops or any group session that you want everyone to be there at the same time.
That’s it, click save.
Step 4: Visit Session
Each booking website gets auto-generated as you are creating your sessions. Click on “Visit Session” at the top of your session page. This will open up a new window with a live preview of what your clients will see, and you can also use this view as you are making edits.
Step 5: Share
Once you are happy with the way everything looks, click “Share” at the top of your session page. Now share your beautiful new online booking website with the world and get your mini session booked! Your clients will be able to book any available spot that fits their schedule and go through the online booking flow which includes a client profile booking form, contract, and payment.
Optional step: Adding a session note
From your session page scroll down to the notes. The note section is only visible to you and it’s a great way to leave notes for yourself, especially if you have multiple sessions going at the same time. (e.g. Don’t forget to bring the props to the location.).
Don’t have a session account yet? Start your free trial today and make your next photo session your best one yet.